Debate: Tableau Talks - Let's talk about it!
24 August 2017
«Tableau Talks - Let's talk about it!/ La oss snakke om det!» is a critical debate forum solely dedicated to fashion, in collaboration between TABLEAU, Oslo Runway and KHIO. Hosted by Nasjonalmuseet.
In the series «La oss snakke om det!/ Let’s talk about it!», we direct a scrutinizing gaze towards the living conditions of critical thinking within the fashion system.
Kicking off the BIK BOK Runway Award ceremony, Tableau Talks invites the jury members Fabio Piras (MA Fashion Course Director, Central St. Martins) and Nicole Walker (Amaze, Stockholm) to debate design educations as vital sites of building critical discourse.
How has Central St. Martins managed to spawn an unprecedented array of successful designers from Alexander McQueen to Stella McCartney and Gareth Pugh? (How) do different modes of criticism play a part in their training? And, in what ways do the fashion design educations of Oslo differ from that of Central St. Martins’? Last but not least, we discuss the jury members’ experiences evaluating this year’s award nominees.
Tableau Talks believes firmly in exploring how the culture of fashion is constantly made, and remade, through the format of discussion, and thus encourage you to pose critical questions when the panel session is done. To put it simply: Let’s talk about it!
- Fabio Piras, Director of Central Saint Martin’s MA Fashion course
- Nicole Walker, Stylist and founder of Amaze Stockholm
- Peter Løchstøer, Associate Professor/ Head of Fashion and Costume design, Oslo National Academy of the Arts
- Elnaz Gargari, KHIO Fashion and Costume design BA graduate, and winner of Designers Nest 2017.
- Moderator: Ragnhild Brochmann, Art- and Fashion historian and Editor of Tableau Talks